Monday, June 2, 2008

sad news about HRH

 Arsenia and I were talking last night and she mentioned that her last day at work with the Hermann Memorial  will be June 6 of this week and she found another job to where Dexter is right now, and she will only for the weekends

 
His doctor and his case worker told her to put Dexter  in Hospice as he is really sick.
 
She will eventually go back to Hermann as where she works for 10 yrs after 6 mos. so she can get back her retirement benefits among other things.
 
--Annie

 

These pictures  taken by Dexter are full of meaning. We were waiting for the doctor to show up when he told me "Mom I want to take your pictures."

 I told him that I'm not  picture prepared...

But he said "But Mom! I want to take your pictures just smile OK?" So I put on  my best mood just to make him happy. While he was  clicking his camera,he was asking at the same time if the doctor have  good news and I told him "of course, son".


Three days after these pictures was taken,  he was admitted to the hospital. He is still there and  I miss his frequent laughter,  his calling me "MA".

Now he calls me in a weak voice. When I visit him I made sure I'm not going to cry. One time I was on the phone talking to him and I cried, he asked me "MA are you crying?" I said "No son, I have a cold. but I lied," 

 "I don't want you to cry, I want you to be happy all the time. Please don't cry for me". I, as a mom will sacrifice all the material things in the world just to be able to prove that he is lucky to have me as her mother. Same with the rest of my children.

I am glad that I am strong. I'm glad I have friends like A+Team and others everywhere. I am ready to prove my worth as a caring and loving person which is the most priceless gift I can offer to the people I care for, such as my son who is very sick.

I'm glad I will be able to stay with him without any restrictions such as the pressure of work. Because work can wait.

----Arsenia


No comments: