Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Calling members of the A Team and other friends!!!

Dear Mng Vic,

How are you? Very busy and pre-occupied with your video productions, I supposed.

Last Friday, I found out from my cousin who I am sponsoring to come and work in Dubai that the ACES Library is already closed. I asked him to send me the scans of his passport and papers through the computer facilities of ACES but he told me it was already closed for weeks. He knows coz he drives a passenger tricycle and passes there every day.

So, two nights ago I asked Stau via YM chat what happened. It turned out that, Stau could no longer sustain the rent and monthly bills because his Taekwondo School have only 3 enrolees. He shuttles to manila every weekend to teach and referee tournaments to earn his living and now plans to relocate his family back to manila if things don't improve.

So what happens to the ACES Lib? He says he will be turning it over to Maam Esther in PSU. But these are mostly children's books. I don't know if a University would have a place for such a collection.

I realized we probably have not been supportive enough and expected to get a free ride of sort for our own project. Maybe if we could pay for the rent of the place which is only P3000/month then maybe Stau would reconsider staying until his business picks up again. I am willing to chip in my share if the A-team would pledge to support a sustained effort until say next school year when hopefully things improve. P3000 is nothing for us who are overseas (it's the cost of dinner for two – a luxury which i could easily skip) but it would mean a lot to the poor kids of Asingan. We can each adopt a month. I will be Mr. September. Sammy could be Mr October, etc. What do you say? Sayang naman kasi.

And then maybe we could send in our nephews/nieces/grandnephews/grandnieces on  taekwondo scholarships. 

Or we can turn it over to a brgy school say, Rudy's where I'm sure it will be much appreciated. But I would like to turn over the computer and printer set to the Dupac Brgy Hall.

If you have any other idea, let us know.

Many thanks again.

Yours Truly,

Sonny

PS. You may want to forward this to the A-team.

#############################

It is my first time to hear re: this....

I am for Sonny's idea, I could not think of a better one..It is just a 100$ a year for  1 sponsor... Maybe we could include an honorarium for the person in charge...

Miggie and I of course as always, will do our part...and so with the other kind hearted A-Team members who havd shown such a great support for the project..

I hope someone else could take over soon..In fact another box will arrive there in Stauro's name 2 months from now...

******************

 

No comments: