Thursday, July 3, 2008

JUST ACROSS THE RIVER

Once in  a while, I "cross the river" to Sta. Maria Board because the town is only a river away from Asingan..

 

I met many nice people there. Very friendly too not only to me but especially to their fellow townmates..Which should be the case because, who would look after each other if not your own "kabayan.."?

This is also one board where ILOCANO is used most of the time..Which is another good point. If you want to hone your Ilocano skills, then visit the Santa Maria Board very often, if you can not make it every day..Better get a dictionary cuz some of the words are only used deep in the heart of Ilocandia...

There are a few fine writers here too..TI is one, MP is another..And a few more, just can not remember all of them!

 

TI I guess love writing short anecdotes ( self contained Ilocano stories ) about Carmen, Rosales, Sta. Maria, the same way I write about Asingan..The bottom line is, writers can only write BEST what they know and what they have experienced.  For me, when I was already away from Asingan, certain stories with its corresponding emotions/feelings would mentally crystallize compeling  me to express my self...

Writing is still the best outlet for a writer. It is his only cup of tea or glass of "brew" whatever brand he drinks it is in order for him to keep his sanity...

Anyway, ere are a few good postings I re printed from the Sta. Maria Board..I say these are good because I saw my name in them..JUST KIDDING!

From: ati
Town_City:
Email:
To: mp and all
Remote Name: outbound.atmel.com
Date: Thursday, July 03, 2008

Message

Klasmit MP, off mon sa ita nga aldaw ta nasapa ka man nga adda ditoy kalapaw. Agawidak metten to take half day off today. To Mr. Vic from Asingan. Thank you also for sharing this websites came from a kin to our dear Madam Esther. Just want to say belated Happy Birthday to our dear madam. May she have many many more years to come and celebrate. Happy 4th of July to everyone here in the US.

From: mr pogi
Town_City:
Email:
To: Manong Vic/"Mr. Asingan"
Remote Name: adsl-75-6-141-147.dsl.skt2ca.sbcglobal.net
Date: Thursday, July 03, 2008

Message

Thanks a lot for sharing us here in Sta. Maria some memorable photos and blogs from the Hufana clan ,it's been a month since we shared a once in a lifetime reunion with our dear teacher Dr. Esther Hufana, and now she's back home and had her birthday too, BTW, belated happy birthday Ma'am Esther may you have many more to come...

***********************************

No comments: