Sunday, July 27, 2008

feedbacks...

comments..( which I have just discovered )

Comment from sonnyespejo 


Clint's singing reminds me not of his macho role as Dirty Harry but of his romantic persona as Robert Kincaid, the National Geographic photographer in the bitter-sweet movie Bridges of Madison County. Even the lyrics are quite apt to the story line. If its really him singing, hes good.

 
******
Yes, that is his real voice...He did another musical by the way. It is HONKY TONK MAN. In here he played a down-in-luck country singer. He did some singing too. He also directed a musical based on a Jazz musician. This movie made more money than HONKY TONK MAN.
 
BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTRY  was quite heart-wrencher. Meryl  Streep who is still a crowd drawer ( see her in MAMMA MIA ) did a good job in that one.
 
In my movie collection, he is the only star whose movie collection I completed. That includes the recent turkey ones, which is more than one...
 
############
 
from Annie
 
The Asingan market made a big change,a vast and different one that I myself who grew up on the other side-Bantog/Ariston/Sta.Ana tricycle station cant distinguished or make a concept as to where I am.Just by looking at all those fruits with their wrappings and the like;before they just spread a  plastic sheets or a sako and just let those fruits roll will be enough for those tinderas to sell and pay the market ticket.(.20 cents)Now there's an apple with paper on top of each other and carefully stack together while the singkamas was already sliced with salt added.Non of those during  the times I was there.
Homesickness is my best enemy as I am looking on those pictures from Marcie...
 
***********
Food is one reason why I go back to the Philippines.
 
That singkamas with vinegar-pepper haunts me each time I remember it. It makes my stomach growl and my saliva activated.  Nothing like the freshly pulled singkamas and the home made vinegar like the Nitcha's ..
 
There might be some sineguelas in Texas but never here in Toronto. But we  have lanzones in our Chinatown. The chinese vendors cry out their wares to passersby, giving the atmosphere of Dagupan or Divisoria.
 
Asingan market changed. In the old days, market days are only on Mondays, Wednesdays and the big one is Friday. On Fridays sometimes a magazine truck from Marigold, Dagupan  would come and display its stock of comic books, US and local magazines.  I would be drooling  at the titles of their pocketbooks but money was hard to come by during those days, especially to an Elementary School kid like me.  But once in a while, I would buy  some Classics Illustrated whenever such titles are available.
 
My late Mom always brought home SAPIN-SAPIN, or LINATIAN  for snacks for she knew that those were my favorites. Oh yes, I love LILOT-BALATONG too..My mom always cooked it for me for my birthday...
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No comments: