Monday, July 21, 2008

from Polly

All mornings are just like paintings. You need a little inspiration to get you going, or a little smile to brighten it and a message from someone who cares to color your day.

My day is not complete without reading your postings and I can't just finish my postings because I feel unwanted in this board.Thanks for calling my attention Madam Queen. Its true we have to come back to this boerd and plan whats good for everybody.

MNG VIC, I am dying to see you once more. Been a long time i havent seen you in person. I enjoy reading your very informative postings, viewing your wonderful residence in Toronto. I stayed there for one day because we were touring, driving with my friends for one week and left Canada thru Niagara Falls. It was an enjoyable journey through Canada.That garden in Victoria and lansones in Vancouver are unforgettable. Exciting places.

--Polly

I visited Vancouver twice already; once in the '90s on our way to Seattle and second time last December 2007. In natural beauty, Vancouver beats Toronto hands down. Rain, a "native" of Vancouver,  showed me places which I may never have seen if I went there alone. I learned how to use their public transportation system which is good for one who never drives.

During my first visit, a former teacher in Urdaneta brought me and Miguelita around the parks and tourist spots of Vancouver: the Capilano bridge, the Salmon hatchery plus a sumptous dinner with crabs and lobsters and other yummy morsels..We stayed for two nights in the Georgia Hotel near Granville in downtown which is part of the travel package that consisted of two round trip tickets from Toronto-Vancouver. The hotel lodging is free..

Visiting Vancouver is my priority in the future, especially during the Olympics that is scheduled in 2010...

**************

 

No comments: