Monday, January 4, 2010

an interesting e-mail I want to share

Dear Mr. Costes,

I have a picture of a Dr. Irineo Tanwangco of Asingan, Pangasinan (Dec. 19, 1947) from my father (US Army Soldier WWII, now deceased), Roger Lewis. I also have a few letters, as the Dr. and my father wrote to each other after the war for a while. I'm unsure if he was the Dr. you have listed in one of your postings as being in a picture you have. I could not see the picture (on your site) to be able to tell if he was the same Dr. that was instrumental in helping my father during his wartime in the Phillipines. Do you know if the Dr. Tanwangco you have on your site had the first name of Irineo?

I'm looking to find out what happened to Dr. Irineo Tanwangco. If he had a good life after the war. I am Roger Lewis' dau. My grandmother said that Roger and the Dr. lost touch with each other, after life went on, after the war. That the Dr., in essence, saved my fathers life when he was quite ill. My father greatly respected Dr. Tanwangco. I would like to thank the family if any are still living.

Thank You,
Carolyn (Lewis) Denson

******************************

Hello Carolyn,

Yes, Dr. Ireneo Tanwanco was a family friend. In fact he was our town dentist for so many years until he died. He and his wife ( they never had any children ) stayed in our hometown Asingan all their lives..

Financially and socially, they had a very good life, ..The Tanwancos are very well known in Asingan and most of the relatives sought and found their fortunes elsewhere.

But every now and then, they would come home and renew their ties with the place where they grew up..

Thanks for your letter!

Vic

No comments: